20 Hilarious Attempts By A Computer To Tell What’s Going On In A Photo
If you think robots are years, if not decades, away, you’re sorely mistaken.
Just recently, Microsoft launched an interesting artificial intelligence experiment. Tay was a Twitter bot that learned from “her” surroundings. It wasn’t long before she gathered that the world is a cruel place…and she, therefore, adjusted her tweeting patterns. Tay became offensive and even racist. Needless to say, the company shut her down — quite literally.
Around the same time they introduced Tay to the world, Microsoft launched CaptionBot. The system claims to be able to “understand the content of any image.” It goes on to say, “I’ll try to describe [the photo] as well as any human.” While it’s not all that far off, sometimes it can get things horribly — and hilariously — wrong. Here are a few favorites that we tested out…
1. Starting off strong, CB.
2. I’ll give a five out of ten here.
3. Neither can I…neither can I.
4. What is “angry camel”?
5. CaptionBot thought a little girl meeting Garfield was too NSFW…
6. I mean, yeah, two of the most recognizable men in the world is a tough one.
7. *A seemingly undead doll-girl.
8. But what if the house is a she? That’s sexist, CaptionBot.
9. Honestly, I can neither confirm nor deny this is correct.
11. Actually, it’s called a shower girlfriend, but I can see how you got there…
12. Nailed it.
13. If only all tables were made of tiny puppies…
14. Just, not even close.
15. Food is food. CaptionBot doesn’t need it.
16. I can see how this might make you sick, big guy.
17. CaptionBot doesn’t know what to do with Halloween costumes.
18. At least it didn’t break the Internet again.
19. *Shakes head.*
20. CaptionBot, are you un-American?!
Oh, CaptionBot…you may not be racist, but you have a lot of learning to do. You have ONE job…
Read more: http://www.viralnova.com/captionbot/